Thursday, February 10, 2011

Green tea steamed bun with chocolate filling

(Homemade) Green tea steamed bread with chocolate filling

The basic recipe of this steamed bun is from Chinese steamed bun recipe also known as bao. But I modified by adding matcha powder into bun batter. Well, I can say this was my first time making bao / steamed bun. I can say, I finally successed in making this bun dough. I simply love the soft texture of steamed buns, and what shocked me is, my son loves it !!

For me, the hardest part on making steamed bun is the kneading part ! I feel painful in my right arm after I finished kneading the dough. So bad !!

Chinese steamed buns usually plain or filled buns, comes in various forms with a variety of fillings (meat, red bean, chocolate, etc). For this modified recipe, I used dark chocolate for the filling. Let's make some...

Without further ado, here is the recipe of Green tea Steamed Bun with Chocolate Filling.
Serving : 16 buns.
Ingredients :

Bun
- 250 gr all-purpose flour
- 40 gr caster sugar
- 6 gr dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of green tea powder
- 150 ml milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 20 gr of white butter

Filling
- 50 gr dark cooking chocolate

How to :

1. Sift the flour, powdered sugar, yeast, green tea powder and baking powder into a bowl.
2. Add the warm water a little at a time, mixing all the time, until it forms a shaggy ball.
3. Add salt and white butter, knead in the bowl until the dough cleans the sides. Roll it into a ball. Cover and let it sit for 20 minutes.
4. Punch down the risen dough. Split the ball into 16 roughly even sized pieces. Flatten the dough balls into circles.
5. Cover with a dampened kitchen towel and let rest for about 10 minutes.
6. Then roll out each piece and put the dark chocolate for the filling.
7. Gather up the dough around the filling, pinching to seal well. Flip the bun over, and form into a longish oval shape.
8. Place each bun onto a piece of parchment paper. Let them rest for about 15 minutes..
9. Steamed the buns. About 8 minutes later they should be done, so plate them.

Enjoy....

1 comment:

  1. Dear mbak Tika....

    Aku minta ijin copas resepnya di blogku... http://novigorakazenzero.blogspot.com/2011/10/green-tea-steamed-bun.html
    Makasih...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking time to leave comment on my post. I will respond as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...